etiquette, Selfish people running their engines when queuing at sections.

stpauls

Not been funny but no man and his dog would be able to make me cut my bike out and push it just because the bloke behind is a twisty git. 

If your so concerned about your health or the environment because of 2 stroke fumes then Surely this sport isn't for you. 

Like I said earlier, if it's such a problem move to one side. 

2 hours ago, maco said:

Not been funny but no man and his dog would be able to make me cut my bike out and push it just because the bloke behind is a twisty git. 

If your so concerned about your health or the environment because of 2 stroke fumes then Surely this sport isn't for you. 

Like I said earlier, if it's such a problem move to one side. 

I'll wager that you are also one the gentlemen that always pushes in when queuing for a section. 

That is also poor etiquette. Bad manners too.

Edited by stpauls
spelling
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, stpauls said:

I'll wager that you are also one the gentlemen that always pushes in when queuing for a section. 

That is also poor etiquette. Bad manners too.

You would of just lost your money, but I'd certainly make sure I always pushed in front of you if I rode a trial with you and revved the a*** off my bike. 

Hopefully leading to going home crying like a girl 

Edited by maco

Letting the engine run while waiting in front of a section has been less and less an issue.

I think the mind sets in earlier nowadays, not at all, there are exceptions to the rule, to them a short friendly reference and the engine is mostly shut down too.

2 hours ago, b40rt said:

Andy, time you reintroduced the wa ker button.  

If that's aimed at me, instead of a button send me a private message. I won't be offended 

Edited by maco

If you are concerned your exhaust fumes may be bothering those behind you in the queue, try the following. Put your bike in 5th or 6th gear, Tilt it onto the sidestand to take the weight off the rear wheel. Give it a good handful of throttle and spin the rear wheel up to clear out the tread. Those behind will soon forget about a few fumes:lol: Works even better in a river

• Like 2

Luckily it's not much of a problem up here as most trials are held in well open spaces not enclosed valleys. or really short circuits.

You do get the odd "classic" bike that there owners seem to run on a mixture of old diesel and tar usuallly compounded by an exhaust loud enough cause earth tremors and leaking enough oil and fuel to run a modern bike on.

If you get stuck in a queue with  a coupe of them the fumes will be the least of your worries.

A few minutes listening to there owners going on about things like Sammy Miller points ignition steering head angles you will lose the will to live probably hoping the fumes from their disgraceful mounts will cause you to pass out.

Might be worth considering THIS, I hate getting stuck in a wooded area and breathing in a lot of the fumes needlessly ... in fact, the exhaust gasses is exactly why my better half refuses to try trials despite being a motorbike nut, and it's a big part of the reason I plan on going electric when I can afford it.

If someone can't kill their engine and then start it again after a couple of minutes, maybe they should maintain it better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, breagh said:

Luckily it's not much of a problem up here as most trials are held in well open spaces not enclosed valleys. or really short circuits.

You do get the odd "classic" bike that there owners seem to run on a mixture of old diesel and tar usuallly compounded by an exhaust loud enough cause earth tremors and leaking enough oil and fuel to run a modern bike on.

If you get stuck in a queue with  a coupe of them the fumes will be the least of your worries.

A few minutes listening to there owners going on about things like Sammy Miller points ignition steering head angles you will lose the will to live probably hoping the fumes from their disgraceful mounts will cause you to pass out.

Hi Breagh, just worked out who you are, it was very nice to meet you on Sunday, and to answer your many questions. I've checked the other details that seem to fascinate you, yes the spokes are double butted, the exaust is made of steel and the wheelbase is 59 3/4 inches. Sorry I can't answer about knitting or crochet.  There is a clinic in Kirkcauldy where you can get treatment with complete anonymity.

• Like 1

I thought I had heard everything when it comes to people moaning about what someone else is doing,

then I read this !

YES it is good manners to switch off your engine,

BUT if your that worried about exhaust emissions then maybe you should ride with an Oxygen tank on your back {like a diver}

the Ramblers , Greenpeace etc. would love to read this thread as it would just give them more ammunition to ban our hobby

I also see the usual " ban 2 stroke" comments from 4 stroke bike owners ,

many of  these  4 strokes burn as much oil as a 2 stroke and make 10 times the noise, { which offends me but I don't moan about it }

• Like 1

Now here is another slant on the subject. As a checker in the Maryland and Pennsylvania woods, I always welcomed the exhaust fumes to help keep the May flies, ticks, deer fly's, and mosquito's at bay.

• Like 3

On 10/01/2017 at 9:00 PM, djr said:

I thought I had heard everything when it comes to people moaning about what someone else is doing,

then I read this !

YES it is good manners to switch off your engine,

BUT if your that worried about exhaust emissions then maybe you should ride with an Oxygen tank on your back {like a diver}

the Ramblers , Greenpeace etc. would love to read this thread as it would just give them more ammunition to ban our hobby

I also see the usual " ban 2 stroke" comments from 4 stroke bike owners ,

many of  these  4 strokes burn as much oil as a 2 stroke and make 10 times the noise, { which offends me but I don't moan about it }

Ban noise.