oneal121

1997 jtx 250 help

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, i need a little help my new to me gas gas jtx 250 as had a few minor problems. The throttle cable looked to be routed wrong running up the right hand side of the bike and out through the front of the frame with a big loop behind the number board. Can anyone please let know the correct throttle cable route.

Also should the correct spark plug should it be  a BPR5ES Or a BPR7ES as  im getting conflicting information and my old spark plug is unreadable.

\Thanks for any help in adavance

To the left[ if you are stood on the bike]  with the throttle cable and if you still have a big loop/excess then its the wrong throttle cable.

5 is the plug heat number as standard. iridium is best although a lot of people will say that there are no problems with a standard plug.

cheers for the info, the new cable as now been fitted run up the left of the frame and around the head stock. And everything feels good  

The stock plug is a #5 but if it fouls easily, go to a #7.  Its a good idea to carry a new,clean plug and wrench (spanner) to change it when it fouls.  Note I did not say if, but when. 

Thanks for the info thats a five, does anyone have a link to a workshop manual as gas gas themselves only have the parts books.