Amal Premier carb

trialsrfun

Yes I have one fitted to my cub Just fitted a longer inlet tipping the carb to less of an angle and fitted a 2.5 slide today Still to be tried out  It has a flat spot off idle but it may not be the carb but other factors ie ignition or exhaust The rider said it felt better (to icy to really tell) and could not get the engine hot

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brucey said:

I use a Delorto on my Cub.  Have never looked back since!

O.k., you may not be able to do the Scottish 2 Day Classic, but I wasn't going to anyway :-)

14 hours ago, naichuff said:

Yes I have also used other carbs but the bike is entered for the SSDT Pre65 so requires an AMAL to be fitted   PS  Project on going

I too have a 22mm Dellorto on my Cub but I keep hearing how well they can run on a smaller choke size carb usually a china made mukuni copy, many othes who have tried them though revert back to Dellorto or Mikuni. Fitting an Amal carb appeals but only if there is a performance improvement to be had. Ironically the Cub as far as I know was never fitted with a concentric carb as production ceased around the time the concentric was launched.

• Like 1

Bike was used today and went well with the longer inlet track and carb more upright  Changed the slide as well Yes they were never fitted with this carb but that was all you could get new when this event started My B31 never ran right with the concentric but now runs as sweet as a nut on the new monobloc

• Like 1