Early 12.5 advice

elusivemite

Just upgraded my eldest to a 16 and want to try and smooth out the power delivery on the old 12.5 for my youngest. Slower I set the speed the further the throttle has to be turned to bring the power in and the less sensitivity there is. What's the best way to improve.

Kelly controller? Debating lipo for the weight savings when the batteries have had there day. 

Cheers lads. 

Edited by elusivemite

I haven't tried this yet.. But something I have in mind to do is change the hall throttle response. 

I believe the hall sensor throttle has an open collector output that provides between 1V and 4V (WOT) to the controller. To reduce the power delivery you want it to provide between 1V and say 3V (WOT) instead, i.e. the same throttle opening results in a lower max response, so the sensitivity is effectively increased. 

Two possible approaches. 

1.Build a little circuit to do the scaling and offset. Todo.

2. Open the throttle assembly and file down the magnet at the upper opening. 

I'll experiment a bit in the next few weeks and post my results here. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

The easest way would be to use a zener diode and resistor to.cap the max voltage from the throttle. How it is done by ost is just a pot but the troube with that is that it also alters the zero throttle dead band (like was siad in the previous post) 

The proper way to fix this problem would be to make a circuit to remap the throttle output. There is a device 9n 5he marker called. A cycle analysis but these are expensive. I have witten the code for my home made ca that works out so much cheaper. My ca also has a volt/current/watt display it can also set the max current and set a system min voltage operation option. The parts cost around 25 quid.

• Like 1