2000 beta rev 3 250

frasernoob2017

Hi all as you can see from the username I am a complete amateur to the motorcycle game let alone trials.  I have just purchased a 2000 beta rev 3 250 and its a bit too quick haha thing is I'm only a short a#se and I struggle to reach the gear lever without having to leave the footpeg and need new mudguards and airbox cover can anyone help me pleeeasse much appreciated need ideas fast

Check the color of the throttle tube. (the plastic part the grip is on) There are two types, a white tube for quick throttle and a black tube for slow throttle. If you have the white tube you should get hold of the slower black tube as it will take some of the whisky throttle out of your life. Also remember you are new. You will get used to the throttle response of a trials bike and eventually you will start to rely on it but it takes a bit of a learning curve to get used to it.

As noted the gear lever is high and far from your foot to prevent inadvertent shifts from your foot and the rocks you'll be riding through. After a while you'll not even notice that shifting is a foot off the peg affair. Shifting is rarely done in sections and certainly not necessary in the sections a new rider will ride.

Welcome to the sport. It can be a lifelong obsession once you get past the initial weirdness of it all.

Edited by dan williams

You may well struggle finding an airbox lid for a 2000 model as they were on the side. I believe like this for only 2 years. You never know what e-bay might turn up though. Richard Allen had my old 2000 a while back, but have no idea if he still has any parts left !