TALMAG 2017

laird387

Hungry Hill at Aldershot, the traditional venue of the TALMAG trial for the past twenty years or more, will once again echo to the sound of TWO HUNDRED PRE-65 SOLO and SIDECAR machines on SUNDAY 29th JANUARY.

There can be thousands of spectators and certainly will be many, many reunions of friends old and new at this most friendly traditional old event.

Intended to maintain interest in the real old bangers that were seen at every corner of the land before the second Spanish Armada (before 1965 - that is) there is usually a limit of NO MORE THAN TWENTY entries of machines below 300cc.

Who are TALMAG - well the simple answer is they are the rejuvenated remainders of a 1939-45 wartime territorial 'gang' - who formed a local clan of 'mates' long after the hostilities had ceased. The Territorial Army - London, Mobile Army Group.

As always the most comprehensive photoreport of the event will be a feature of our own digital magazine - ORRe

QUESTION:

IS THAT A TRIALS BIKE?

ANSWER:

WRONG QUESTION - YES THAT IS A BALL OF FUN..............

P1312035 copy.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He did look like he was having fun on it

I've thrown up the photos i took on a public facebook page - many aren't too good (don't do a lot of photography and it was drizzinling) - and i was mainly watching the chairs but caught many of the high numbered solos

2017-01-29_talmag_trophy_trial_005_no119_h_schonknecht_indian_scout_01_jamie_clarke.jpg

2017-01-29_talmag_trophy_trial_007_no119_h_schonknecht_indian_scout_02_jamie_clarke.jpg

2017-01-29_talmag_trophy_trial_283_no119_h_schonknecht_indian_scout_01_jamie_clarke.jpg

8 hours ago, rabie said:

He did look like he was having fun on it

Thanks for posting the pictures..

Oh yes, he did seem to be having a lot of fun!!  Flames coming out of the exhaust, funny hand controls, brilliant stuff.  Came from Germany i think and didn't speak a word of english either, so was getting by with sign language!!

Was a great great day as always, best pre65 trial left.  Tons of original bikes there that you cant see anywhere else, mostly the clubman and rigid classes.  Unfortunately class c/a were dominated by 90kg trick titanium/carbon specials, only two originals that i saw in the main class which is a bit tough..  but anyway.. lots of happy people commenting on watching those.. great day all around, very well set out course and a fair few of new riders which is good news.

Roll on next year already!