Vertigo Protection Parts

sniper

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2017 Ice hell and was wondering if any else out there bothers with any kind of plastic/CF protection parts? With it being so new there isn't much out there, I have seem some carbon fibre cover protection on the Vertigo site but they are some serious money! 

I currently have a 2016 Beta Evo factory and from the very first day I had frame/fork/swing arm/cover protection as well as rim tape etc. I appreciate it takes a little away from the aesthetics of the bike, but in several places it has saved significant damage, especially on the forks and clutch cover!

How are people frames/engine cover standing up to boot wear as well?

I may well be over protective or particularly clumsy, not sure.....

The usual fork guards that fit everything else will work for the Vertigo. The only other thing I've seen people run is an exhaust pipe guard (which may be a cut down version from another bike, not sure), but that's more to save your pants than the bike.

13 minutes ago, heffergm said:

The usual fork guards that fit everything else will work for the Vertigo. The only other thing I've seen people run is an exhaust pipe guard (which may be a cut down version from another bike, not sure), but that's more to save your pants than the bike.

Yeah I thought that would be the case about the fork guards! I have seen an Vertigo on eBay where the owner mentions a justice exhaust guard, but had been removed on the pictures; may have to send a question!

• 11 months later...

On 12/16/2017 at 0:56 PM, jsp said:

Has anyone started making carbon frame guards yet ?

I believe Vertigo has their own carbon frame guards. Additionally, Kelley Carbon (Kelleycarbon.com ) will be coming out with some soon after the new year when his molds are finished. His should be more affordable:)

Edited by cackallacky

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, tcrhino said:

Had a look at the carbon... Seems useless to cover the exhaust protectors. and why cover the tank? In that way it will be more difficult to keep an eye on the fuel level. Flywheel and clutch covers look good though.

Curious as to why the one frame triangle is open and the other with the fuel tank isn't? I agree with you, need that visibility IMO. (Even though you can still see fuel level from the front of the triangle.)

All of the quality looks excellent though!!

8 hours ago, cackallacky said:

Curious as to why the one frame triangle is open and the other with the fuel tank isn't? I agree with you, need that visibility IMO. (Even though you can still see fuel level from the front of the triangle.)

All of the quality looks excellent though!!

Agreed on the visibility of the fuel level. And the left triangle protector can be opened fairly easy with a Dremel.

you'll still be able to see the fuel level even with triangle filled in

looking at this photo, may be he's left that area filled in to protect 

the tank from damage ? 

IMG_2359.JPG

Edited by jsp

• 4 weeks later...