How are the TRS holding up?

pauls320

I've got a TRS with about 15 hours on it. Great bike. Took me some time to get used to the Delorto carb, but it runs really well and I'm happy with it. It's quite light, very easy to flick around. I haven't had any problems with it except the gas tank issue that some have had. TRS sent me a new one right away with no hassle. Mine is bone stock except for some foot-pegs and grips. I don't plan on changing much. I find the bike to have plenty of power but it's mellow at the same time.

I loved my GG and am still a big fan of theirs, but I have no regrets on going with TRS. If you are considering a new bike I'd definitely give it the thumbs up. Plenty of my riding buds have tried mine and all have liked it. Everything has stayed tight, nothing has come loose. Not one bolt.

The stock suspension is great for me, I had the Reiger on my GG but the stock shock on the TRS is just fine and no complaints. The front forks are nice and do a great job. Everything functions well and nothing stands out that is awkward or annoying. The geometry and overall feel of the bike feels just right. When I installed my S3 foot-pegs, I quickly noticed how slanted they are, meaning they aren't level but tilt so that the outside end of the peg is quite a bit higher than the end closer to the frame. At first it seemed a little excessive, but I rode it before filing them down and now I really like the tilt.

The bike is easy to work on and maintain. Easy access to the engine is nice. The Braktec stoppers are awesome- really good. One really small thing is I'd have preferred a sprocket with a sticker to cover the holes or a solid one, non-issue really.

Can't say the bike has made me any better, but certainly hasn't made me worse- thank God. Fire away any questions I'm happy to help. Dan

I read that the clutch piston is updated (lengthened?) on the RR anyone having issues with the MK1 version, Aluminum footpeg brackets holding up without too much wear and tear? Handlebar mounting clamp looks like it is of the single mounting pin to triple clamp type....does it bolt on solid or use some sort of isolation rubbers ?? Anyone tried the PWK28 conversion. Overall sounds like a very good first model release so far.    :popcorn: 

Hi Pauls- The clutch has been very good, smooth and easy action. No problems so far at all with the foot-peg brackets, they seem to be built really well. I haven't been in there to see if the  handlebar mounting clamp is solid or not....Haven't tried a TRS with the PWK yet, but I'd like to see how it feels.

• Like 1

Thank you Coach and everyone else for your positive feedback that confirms what I see and read about the quality of this bike...Great to see the video of them building Ragas bike and the guy even smearing grease in steering stem bearings...sure would be nice if little details like this could be done consistently on some other brands too:thumbup: 

StrenthCoach..Dan I've tried to send a PM but I suppose I'm doing something wrong..? I was going to leave my contact info as I'm not far away Sav,Ga and wondered if you could take a call at your convenience. Would you try to PM me and I'll respond..Thank You. George