IRC tubeless rear

556tom

Hi,

anybody know where there are any IRC tubless rear tyres? I have rang about today and nobody has them.

I fancied IRC as the general consensus is that they are the best in mud and are hard wearing, however equal to michelin everywhere else.

Are the dunlop 803 GP noticeably worse? I currently have a way past due dunlop on the rear and i am massively struggling for grip in anything remotely muddy.

thanks in advance

What level are you riding at, I ask this as I am not convinced the difference between the tyres mentioned make that much material difference at the beginner / intermediate level assuming of course the tyre you have is not substantially worn.

Reality is it is currently very slippy and good technique and body positioning is paramount. I have seen riders improve dramatically in mud by taking a few  lessons  

Personally for the price minimum difference I would go for either Michellin X11 or X lite. Last Michellin X11 rear tyre I bought online last year was around £85 & £10 to fit, a front X11 was around £62 online so in total not very much difference for the price you have been quoted.

The IRC is not comparable to the michelin or dunlop. It does not flex like the other tires and therefore it suffers for traction on off cambers and slippery. Its a decent tire for the guy who rides occasionally. I have one on my Beta Tr32 And it works fine for lower level riding. Would not consider one on my Factory Evo 300

Thanks for the input lads.

I am a beginner really but my current tyres are shocking. Losing me valuable points in the boggier section, my nobbles are totally rounded and about 12mm high. 

I have ridden MX and road bikes for ever and know that now i'm trying to compete they need changing.

Will see how much i can get the X11's for. 

Will i feel the X11 is the same as the dunlop gp?

Tom

5 hours ago, evoalien said:

The IRC is not comparable to the michelin or dunlop. It does not flex like the other tires and therefore it suffers for traction on off cambers and slippery. Its a decent tire for the guy who rides occasionally. I have one on my Beta Tr32 And it works fine for lower level riding. Would not consider one on my Factory Evo 300

many others might take a different opinion, going for the IRC for the winter, then michelin for the summer (X11 or Xlight) - some use IRC all year round. In the 5+ years my old man ran a major tyre centre selling loads of trials tyres i doubt he ever sold a dunlop (they've been reformulated since). a mate of mine effectively gave me a brand new dunlop off his brand new montesa as he considered it a handicap (i'm going to put it on my 315 sidecar)

really depends upon the terrain you have locally - ask/look at what everyone else is using

• Like 2

I have seen great performance from the new Dunlop GP tire and would say they are good for the price.  However the X lite's are better it's not as big a difference as the older Dunlops.  

My experience is Seattle WA so hopefully closer to the U.K. In weather and riding conditions.

with what your saying I would say spend the extra and go X Lite's but that's opinion and I would guess you would be fine on a set of new GP's...

good luck!