Overheating 4RT 2012

grim

Thanks for info, I've removed the cam chain tensioner and found it to be defect and missing parts. Now my next problem is that this tensioner don't look like anyone i found on-line.

Also there is no spring, just the axle that turns around when you adjust it. So looks all wrong. I suspect that this is a special Future part.. But wonder if i can buy a new original Honda and use that. They maybe removed the original and replaced with this to save some weight?

Cam Tentioner.jpg

camchain glider.jpg

I've been in contact with them, but they keep on saying that i have to ship the engine to them. I tried to buy a new piston kit. But they say that this engine have a matched piston/cylinder and you cant buy one of them, have to change both. but they will not sell it, have to ship engine. That will cost to much for me.

But i think you are right regarding this may be a manual tensioner. But it's missing the tip. So i wonder if i can buy this one, and replace. Same original number: 14520-KRN-671 http://www.ebay.ie/itm/04-13-HONDA-CRF250R-NEW-MANUAL-TIMING-CHAIN-TENSIONER-ADJUSTER-T13R-/400669914441?hash=item5d49c9b549:g:xbQAAOSwr81UTpkG

It's an amazing machine. Not going to sell it, but to ship it to Italy and repair it, then back will set me back pretty much same as a buying a 2016 Repsol :) 

I just wish Future Racing would sell me the parts I need. But it seams like they do not want anyone but their own workshop to fix those engines.

I just hope i find a solution for the cam chain tensioner. I've emailed Monica, Future Racing team. Hope she emails me back tomorrow. The support is good, but i never get any answer when i want to buy part for the machine. Also asked http://www.handdracing.co.uk if they could help, but they said that Future Racing team denies them to sell part to that engine.

I agree on that :) But we didn't know. New in game and got the bike for £4500. So it was a good deal. But since we didn't know how special it was.. Well, hard to sell again etc.

So we are stuck with it :) But i think all will be ok. I worked with 4 stroke MC engines before. So only problem will be replacement parts. So when i find out why the cham chain tensioner looks like it does, i will check if we can use a normal one or buy the one i linked over.. same as future one, no spring :)

Doesn't look to me like its missing any bits, just doesn't have the foot/shoulder the other one has because of the way it was made.  I admit I could be wrong, however. 

If you really want a wider foot/shoulder on it I bet you could find a shop that could create one to go over the end and use some kind of roll pin or something to fix it to the end...

Not sure if that's helpful but its what I would at least consider.  Best of luck.

• Like 1