OSSA Mar Tailpipe Ideas - WES?

seedoubleyou

I do not recall wes ever making an ossa specific silencer. but what I think has happened  to yours is that the main silencer is bent. years of being dropped on left side

and parking against trees bends the pipe at its narrowest, where it mounts behind the shock. has your side panel been melted as well?

the bracket that bolts it to the frame gets bent and forces it all too close to the tyre. (they left the factory with 4 inch tyres).

a bit of heat and straightening required.

Thanks all. Conclusion then is that the WES option needs a bit of fiddling and the other most likely is that the pips is bent. The end of the mid section does seem to come out fairly straight and square which is why I thought it was a silencer issue. Ok so mudguard and seat off for a ponder.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd let you know how this one ended up. 

To to begin with the original silencer appeared to be touching the tyre. See below. So I purchased some 38mm mild steel pipe from eBay and welded up an angle. This slipped nicely over the original pipe with a little Dremel  work on the inside of the tube. I also invested in a £12 pit bike silencer just to see what it was like. It turned up and didn't look half bad. The bore was also 38mm so an easy fit. I then made a small bracket using a bit of strip from the 2 mudguard mounts to the can strap also provided with the can. 

Having run the bike insilenced and with the new can there is a big difference which I think will be acceptable

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

• Like 1