How old are we ?

daggs888

How old are we ? What is the average age of a club rider ?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. What is the age of our riders ?

• Under 20
    • 20 -30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

Wow this poll is surprising. I'm 24 and just got my first trials bike. I'm actually into enduro racing, and a big fan of extreme enduro. Seeing as how enduro has actually made a comeback, I had kind of hoped trials would be up as well, considering how well the skills crossover to the enduro bikes.

I will add that trials has been some of the most fun I've ever had. Got my first '08 Beta Rev 3 250 in January. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

Riding twinshock/classic events you would expect the riders to be older as younger riders will be inspired by the likes of Toni Bou and Adam Raga not Nigel Birkett or Malcolm Rathmell.

Or, they're just not interested in doing the big stuff that modern bikes are capable of ...?

(I have no idea who Nigel Birkett and Malcolm Rathmell are)

I've never heard of then either they've never ridden at our Trials.

Don't know about Twinshocks not managing big stuff  some of the sections were pretty scary back in the era of these 2  I've never heard of.

• Like 1

lol, thanks ... while I might not have any idea who they are, the style of riding is far more appealing than that of today's best

For inspiration, at the moment it's Debbie Evans for me ... but I've not found any videos of her trials riding yet

I would suggest these sections are only on for current expert riders on their mono bikes, videos always compress / simplify the terrain, these sections are far harder than they look and you are watching the equivalent of current world class riders !

Not a single finger on a clutch lever and proper no stop riding, none of this ' I only went back an inch ' malarkey !

Good to see but probably never to be repeated.