OKO not OK!

breagh

It's an odd one this but any ideas welcome.

Old Fantic Section with an OKO carb was running fine but after a wet trial decided to clean carb.

Blew out pilot / main etc and now the bike barely runs it's getting a massive amount of fuel.

Float needle valve untouched and the carbs not flooding.floats working as they should.

Needle looks fine .

Really can;t think what's causing this must be something basic to be this far out.

Go tell me what i've done wrong and I'm an idiot.

A blow gun can unintentionally , destroy the jet block gasket as above ... But make sure you have a proper new one before dis assembly ! They are a wee bit finicky ,but when set up correctly , work quite well . (IMHO)

Glenn

And the original float needle valve in mine got replaced with a kehin one , Hardly perceptible flaws in it and it would spew fuel at the most unwelcome moments ... Found pinholes with a magnifying glass  ... Worked fine about 70% of the time from new and then would suddenly be way rich , or dump fuel ... And then be fine again , pulled out what little hair I've got getting that one cured ! Not a issue since :):) 

Edited by axulsuv
more info ....

Cheers folks funny feeling you're right about this jet block gasket.

I didn;t hold back with the air line.

It wasn't running consistantly at the trial so pehaps it was dodgy anyway.

Thanks again just have to find out who's got spares now.

Certainly a red face job, there's a small "jet" which sits above the main jet nozzle which I was totally unaware existed.

This was lying on the garage floor which a oko supplier told me it would be .

Certainly a prize puddin of the week on TC award due.

Bikes spot and and for the record miles better than all the modified twinshock Fantics that folk spend £1000s on.

Shame the Sections only worth 50p and 3 Barrs  bottles.

• Like 2