Clutch issue.

bigfoot

OK I need some Gas Gas expert help. I've not opened it up yet and it may be a simple one but it's not one I've seen before. Today the clutch level started stopping well short of the handle bar. As I rode, it sometimes pulled all the way in and other times stoped well short even once almost fully out. When it's doing this and the engines not running I can hear the slave cylinder piston knocking against the case like somethings sticking it from extending to compress the clutch. Any ideas before I open it up?

2015 TXT Pro Racing 250cc

There is a small screw in the centre of the clitch basket which goes into the gear shaft. It works loose, and falls out, sometimes hitting the slave cylinder piston which causes your clutch lever to go solid half way in. It's an easy fix, just screw it back in, using Loctite. There is a breather hole through the serew so be careful not to over tighten it. I've heard that you can also take it out completely, and the clutch will be fine.

• Like 1