1970s Cota in action

laird387

Hi capper.

Glad you liked the shot of Rob Edwards - but give me a clue as to what it was that you particularly liked, then I can add similar images.

Was it Rob, the Montesa or maybe the fact that it was an image from that era?

Any views anybody?

To add to the fun here's another '70s shot, this time Brian Hutchinson on his Suzuki/

Enjoy.

default 15.jpg

• Like 4

I was a teenager in the 1970s and rode a TL125 in local club trials, these pictures give an insight and an opportunity to look back at those times. The riding clobber alone is worth the photos being published, the main thing is seeing the bikes you'd have liked to have owned and ridden 

Edited by bothfeetdown
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, bultacorock said:

Hello Laird 387 Great action photos as always thanks for taking the time to post If you have any of 

Rob Edwards on his 247 Montesa Cota. or Ulf Karlson on his 247 that would be great to see 

Hi bultacorock,

Thanks for your request - please watch this space and I'll have a trawl - but I can't promise an instant response 'cos I am deep into the cataloguing of the archive and it all seems to take an age, but I will find some.

8 hours ago, bultacorock said:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bultacorock said:

Hello Laird 387 Great action photos as always thanks for taking the time to post If you have any of 

Rob Edwards on his 247 Montesa Cota. or Ulf Karlson on his 247 that would be great to see 

Hi again,

First quick trawl spotted this shot of Lawrence 'Sparky' Telling on his 247 Cota taken in 1973 at the Ilkley Grand National (a practice trial for would-be Scott trials riders). The photo was taken by Barry Robinson - who was Clerk of the Course of the Ilkley event for many years.

Enjoy.

PS.  There are of course, dozens of images of the 247's in ORRe, our digital magazine, if you would like free copies - join the club!

default 24.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, bultacorock said:

Hello Laird 387 Thank you for posting a photo of Lawrence 'Sparky' Telling on his 247 Cota taken in 1973 great photo, I enjoy looking at the photo and reading your ORRs i had let my subscription slip but just updated it, did you find any of Rob Edwards riding a Montesa. 

Hi bultacorock,

I did promise, so here is another of Rob, thanks for rejoining the digital magazine - and a word to anyone interested in ORRe - like this forum it is totally interactive, you let me know what you would like and if I have it, it will definitely go into the magazine - and that is a promise.

default 27.jpg

• Like 1