Ohlins service in USA

lotus54

Who does Ohlins service in the States? Any recomendations? 

I have ave a bunch of hours on the rear damper and figured it is probably overdue. I don't have the tools to do it myself, although perhaps I should investigate that.

mark

The modern Ohlins like many modern rear shocks often does require special tools to work on.

I may be wrong about your specific shock, but most modern shocks operate best and last longer between rebuilds when vacuum bled.

As a person with 40 years experience rebuilding suspension, yes almost any rear shock can be rebuilt without vacuum, but vacuum bled if the design supports it, is far superior.

The KTM WP, PDS series is a good example of a rear shock that does best being vacuum bled.

I designed and built my vacuum bleed equipment about two years prior to the trend of folks selling DIY vacuum bleed setups.  Having done vacuum bleeds for about 12 years now, trust, it does do a better service if accomplished correctly.

If the damper is not provisioned with a bleed port, a good shop can hand bleed the damper.

Edited by pmk