Close racing

guys

During this period my 'day job' was as Marketing Director of a British mobile radio manufacturer, and because of my association with motorsport on the two-wheel front I was 'collared' by one of the enthusiasts working to establish the new sport of Rallycross and had managed to get meetings arranged at Cadwell and also at Lydden.

I was also heavily involved with the Ford Competition shop, having found a way to use our radios to help them win their first ever Safari Rally in Kenya, where we supplied the Kenya police and also all the Wildlife wardens, so I ended up being invited to sit in the four-wheel drive Ford 3-litre works Capri both round the Cadwell Rallycross circuit and also Lydden.

That's when I found that adrenaline is brown, sticky and smelly..........

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dadof2 said:

The course for the three-part series was devised by trials rider Sammy Miller and constructed within the Donington Park Race Circuit. The 3 part series being BBC Kickstart (forerunner of arena trials) filmed at the same track as this saloon car race.

The early history of Donington has just been featured, fully illustrated of course, in our digital magazine.

Enjoy

19 hours ago, dadof2 said:

The course for the three-part series was devised by trials rider Sammy Miller and constructed within the Donington Park Race Circuit. The 3 part series being BBC Kickstart (forerunner of arena trials) filmed at the same track as this saloon car race.

Now I often wondered where Kickstart was coming from, I don't recall them saying at the time.

Anyway, that was not what I was thinking of:  Tony Pond was a trials rider in his spare time.

3 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Now I often wondered where Kickstart was coming from, I don't recall them saying at the time.

Anyway, that was not what I was thinking of:  Tony Pond was a trials rider in his spare time.

I thought Kickstart was recorded at Easton Neston (Lord Hesketh's estate).