bikestat

Bottom yoke

Yes Sir, a Dremel (or a Chinese clone), some heat and a sharp chisel. No problems, just watch out for flying parts in your workshop as you give it a nice blow after almost cutting through the bearing.

• Like 1

Why ???? And you are talking about the shaft and not just the brg. race ?...

Edited by axulsuv

Break the rollers and cage ,and IF you have an arc welder quickly weld a good blob on opposite sides of the remaining inner , with a punch I can always lightly then tap inner off .

Yes the proper way of doing it is with a press, but if the person using the press doesn't know how to use it properly, and there's plenty that don't and you don't make or have appropriate covers/spacers etc then you can do more harm than good. 

Personally I've always used the method of breaking the outer cage and using a Dremmel type tool to grind through the inner race carefully when it thins out enough it will crack through due to the interference fit of the bearing. 

I always do it by hand with a small bearing splitter , or carefully with a dremmel as above ...But the stem from the lower yoke is anther story , CAREFUL Press work with the proper pieces to keep everything square and true , if not things split in undesired places ... 

Edited by axulsuv