Best front inner tube?

turbofurball

Well, at the moment I don't have a lot of money to spend, so before I stock up on spares I want to make sure the bike is as sorted as I can get it; since I need to pop the front tyre off I thought a fresh tube would be good too as the existing one is an unknown and has a slow puncture (it goes down over about 3 days) ... but I want to spend what money I do have carefully!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oni nou said:

All of this before Sticker kits that cost a tenth of the price of the bike and all the rest of the blingy garbage.....I  have seen quite a few people messing about wasting their riding time trying to fix a rear puncture.On the one and only day that they get to ride it probably.

Rant over.

This is something that has really surprised on me return to trials: the obsession with bling. Sticker kits, wheelrim stickers, colour-anodised bits and pieces, fork protectors, frame protectors......... For god's sake! It's going to get covered in mud and thrown in amongst rocks.

My personal two cent as also having something with wide spread knobbys in the shed... There are standard inner tubes and reinforced innertubes available. The reinforced are around 4mm in thickness and used mostly for Enduro riding and as these innertubes are too very heavy I don't see any advantage mounting these to a trials bike.

• Like 2

I was planning on taking a known good one out of a dead car at work, this weeks been a little busy so I've not even looked at the TY yet this week!

Anyway, these are great responses - if the valve isn't the issue then I'll get a 'trial' this time, and a 'heavy duty' as a spare sometime after that ... if I get particularly anal about it I might even weigh them, lol

• Like 1