Bar heights

hgas

I'm finding the standard fitted s3 bars on my 260 a little bit flat has anyone else found this in comparison to the fat bars fitted on the repsols are they any higher?I'm thinking of getting a set of the (toni bou) bend fat bars to try

Renthal Bou are only 4.5" height I think (I have some on my bike), which is too low for me

I'm changing this week for the Renthal Fatbars 5.5" at 6'2 I need all the bar height I can get

If I don't like them, I'll go for some 6" Apico

I have 6" Renthal (22mm) on other bikes and like them

Edited by johnnyboxer

With you saying they are quite flat I would also expect you would like something with a higher bend as the Bou bend bars, as they are as indicated by johnnyboxer, are quite low. 

At 5' 10" ish myself I have been considering trying a set of 4.5" bend bars but I wouldn't expect most people would want 4.5" bend bars... (not even sure I will like them as I think my bike has 5.0" bars now) 

• Like 1

Hi, I look after the demo 4rt for Craigs MC, being just over 6ft found the bars on 2014/5 both models low, fitted Renthal 5inch fat bars about 13mm higher than std felt much better moved your weight back. On the 2016/7 models the foot rests are lower so I found std bars OK on both std model and Repsol.Hope that helps you and I have the bar in black for sale or you can try if live close to Craigs in Yorkshire. Richard RHT

• Like 1

Are the 16/17 hangers that much lower?? That would be a good alternative as you say , I do like the idea of a higher rise bar but there's nothing worse than the look of a bike being spoilt by a big pair of cow horns for handlebars?