DUCATI TRIALS

mvf4

Hi All ,

I have just finished restoring my Ducati . I obtained it not know much about the history apart from an old guy started the project many years ago but passed away unfortunately ,his family hung onto it for a while before selling it to a trader which is were I got it from over a year ago . Anyone recognise it or have any info please let me know .

monza T.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, laird387 said:

Sorry,

I owned the second Ducati that Peter created - the subject of this posting is nothing like Peter's Ducatis.

I think twostrokefourstroke actually meant that a Ducati powered trials bike would have been inspired by Peter Gaunt's idea, which would probably be correct given the age of the Gaunt Ducati. I don't recall any prior to that.

2/4 seems to be correct in pointing out that the Ducati picture posted by Ducman is the same bike as pictured here.

Edited by cleanorbust
  • Like 1

The 160cc Ducati Monza conversion ridden in the Talmag this year by Mick (?) Watmore looked far closer to the Peter Gaunt Ducati that I bought from Peter and rode for a couple of years. That, of course, was a 350cc desmodromic.

It was photographed by Gary Dowshall for ORRe and is included in our extensive feature of this year's event.

Enjoy.

default 32.jpg

Edited by laird387
add capac
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

This is it before you restored it I had it for years was going to restore and do the Scottish on it but never got round to it 

got a pre65 trials Ducati 250 engine and frame now for sale £1,500 

got more pics of your bike if you want them 

leezy_61@hotmail.co.uk 

F67B667E-EFCE-4969-908F-002BFF253143.png

E984B797-369A-467E-818D-6B8455D1BF6A.png

On 2/9/2017 at 12:21 PM, trapezeartist said:

The double gearlever looks a bit unnecessary. And the humungous rear sprocket might be vulnerable. Surely there's another way to achieve suitable gearing.

The ‘double’ gear lever was in the 60’s/70’s a recognised mod, enabling the ride to  prod each the front for up changes and prod the rear for down changes. This stopped the ‘fishing’ effect trying to get the boot under the lever to lift the it up to select a gear. Possibly not as effective on later trials bikes due to space confinement. The Ducati engine may have road gearing ratios in the gearbox and possibly close ratio, so not ideal for trials use. By the looks of the bike in the photo fitting a smaller out put drive gear would cause chain to frame clearance issues. Agreed the rear sprocket might be better suited for cutting logs but its not the only special that has worn quite largish rear sprockets. Nice bike, looks well made and its different and very attractive with the current colour scheme. I hope the owner has a great time campaigning the Ducati, lets have more of these ‘specials’. Have a look out for Ras Sport Kawasaki a well thought out bike.?? 

• Like 4