Classic trial Sarlat , Dordogne

metisse

Just on the off chance someone out there might be interested. The Easter weekend 15 th 16th April we are organising a classic trial here in the best bit of the  Dordogne. Just a few km's from Sarlat, 20 sections of fantastic quality, with a ride round of 20 odd km's.  Might even be an excuse to get away, you won't be disappointed. We will accept modern bikes for over 40 riders.. all non stop.  Camping is avaliable from Friday until Monday with toilets, and an evening Saturday night meal is arranged to help empty the French wine lake.

Further details available by PM

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

Sorry will check my inbox and delete and make room.

Yes it is very spectator friendly, with some seven of the 20 sections within walking distance of the start.  The others on the second loop a little further , but with easy access.

The trial starts at the Rally cross circuit called  Circuit Bonnet.  This is in the commune of Saint Andre Allas some 4 kms from Sarlat.  This is best accessed from the Sarlat to Beynac road and will be well signed. It will be best to visit the Sunday morning and if you want to say hello just listen for an English voice or ask one of the organisers to point me out.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Great couple of days, shame not more of an entry, but discussions are taking place to possibly make it a two day national next year.  The sun is still shining and will look at cutting a few more rock sections out for you when your next down..

Hi Metisse. Just moved over here 12 months ago and living near Fumel, not too far from Sarlat. Sorry to have missed your trial.

I used to ride in Pre 65 in Yorkshire and now have a twin shock Montesa Cota 348 and want to start riding in classic trials in France. What do I do about license, insurance etc.

or can you get a day/ event licence. Or there many events in the SW region?  and anywhere to practice ? (legally) . Would be grateful of any info. 

Right then, better get out next week and get more of those rock sections cut out.... Now the main criteria has been sorted, ie... I can still  ride my trials bike,  getting a house, health system, language,  and all those other minor issues that crop up, are of no significance.. n'est pas..

Life is all about priorities...