348 oil leak

mudyman

Hi all,

I have the following problem, I have a cota 348 which is leaking oil from behind the front sprocket (final drive shaft seal) when it is leaning to this side.

The question is how can I change the seal without splitiig the cases ? I have a new seal and hoped to be able to get one or two screws into the seal to pull it out but haven´t had any luck. Is there a better way of getting it out ? It would be a great shame to split the cases for this reason as the engine has had a complete rebuild from the last owner and runs a treat (I guess he forgot to change this seal or it got damaged when doing).

I got a different one at the end as I didn´t want to wait for it to come from America ( http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kurbelwellendichtring-Wellendichtring-Simmerring-Auszieher-Montage-Werkzeugset-S-/142282934281?hash=item2120b94809:g:hcIAAOSw3v5YqEup ) which was available localy thisitem  is on ebay in the UK as well. Worked just FINE :-)

• Like 2