Gas Gas 250 2016

malcolm

Opinion varies, depends who you ask. In my opinion every 6-10 trials, you can usually tell when it needs done by the harsher sound. Its cheap to do, and does smooth the power, although can be a right pain with the newer style plastic endcaps

Edited by faussy

If I go insane and ride 200 hours in a season, I might do it at the end of the year. Otherwise, I'd bother maybe once every 2 or 3. Pulling a bike apart when it doesn't need to be is about as useful as never doing any maintenance at all.

• Like 1

In that case your bike must sound like an old motocrosser and not run very well. Its hardly pulling a bike apart, its 5 screws, costs a fiver, and can be done in less than an hour.

Your last sentence defies logic

Edited by faussy

Some things warrant regular attention, others you can wait and fix it when there's a problem ... apart from being a bit noisy I'm skeptical as to whether there's any noticeable difference between an exhaust that's been freshened up once a year and one that gets pulled apart every month.

This topic has, at least, reminded me that I should do my exhaust sometime soon, though :)

On 14/02/2017 at 1:23 PM, heffergm said:

Luckily the manual actually tells you that every 5-6 trials (unless you happen to ride 20 hours at each one) is a bit ridiculous.

Schermata 2017-02-14 alle 08.21.39.png

The maintenance manual also says to replace the cylinder and cylinder head every year. Do you follow their guidelines on that too?

• Like 1