Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

trapezeartist

Renault Kangoo

7 posts in this topic

Citroen Berlingo or Peugeot Partner seem to be the obvious choices for a bike-carrying van. However a lot of the older/cheaper ones are in an awful state as they seem to appeal to builders. I've noticed a few nice Renault Kangoos advertised which look to be in much cleaner condition. Perhaps they appeal more to flower shops and the like. Has anyone used a Kangoo? Does a bike (just one) fit in OK?

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I'm using a Kangoo 4x4 Van.

Best 'Trials Transporter' I've ever owned. One Trials bike with ease, two if you take out front wheel and mudguard on one of the bikes....... best of all never get stuck in muddy start fields..... and great for getting around venues to mark out etc......

Well, in the end I bought a car version of a Berlingo. Far better condition for the money than any van I saw, and a petrol to boot!

Now I just need the bike to put in it.

1 hour ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Having owned two diesel Berlingae I'd be interested to know what consumption you end up getting with the petrol version.

Too early to say. I'm hoping for somewhere in the 30s. Plus the benefit of no rattling clanking diesel in the front. Plus the warm feeling that I haven't asphyxiated any small children on my way to a trial.