How many trials do you ride

cragvale

17 hours ago, dan williams said:

I'm in the same area as heffergm and I could ride for another 30 years and never get out of the novice line.

Agreed, I doubt I'll get any better than I am now and I'm rubbish now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We should make 15 of our modern events, 8 vintage events (6 others are on the schedule) 4 of the NATC Nationals and a two day at the Ute Cup. I rode my first event in April of `72 and became an Expert in august of 1974 at 15 years old. I rode daily then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

We should make 15 of our modern events, 8 vintage events (6 others are on the schedule) 4 of the NATC Nationals and a two day at the Ute Cup. I rode my first event in April of `72 and became an Expert in august of 1974 at 15 years old. I rode daily then.

I started about the same time , rode daily too , Had life not got in the way I wouldn't have had the 30 odd year break that ended in 05 ! Kinda had to start all over again :(  And man I need to move so I can play more !!!

• Like 1

Like zippy here i also ride the MOTA 12 but also do some nationals and the odd event out side of the norm. Last year i rode my first CMA event in 20 years. I rode a D4 on a whim just to re-live my youth. Ive ridden fun events in luxembourg and germany with the wife. Last weekend i rode in florida just to get away from it all. Im 40 now and started when i was 8 on a tl125. I like to practice a bunch but usually its once a week. 

There have been years where i ride a ton but get burnt out. I ride our expert class here in michigan. I try to push myself into champ class when ever possible but to be honest I will flog my way through that as well. 

Germany i am a green/strong green class rider. The mrs makes me ride a class up. I dont ride for trophys. I ride for those moments of grandure. 

This year i have most of my rides planned out already with a few bucket list todo's. 

1. MOTA series

2. Ohio national ES

3. Rhode Island national ES

4. FTA last weekend in champ class (tied up last place woot!)

5. This weekend up comming Lebach Germany 2 day training with "The Destroyer!" DANKE MTC SAAR!!!

6. Minder for the wife in womans B class kingman Arizona 

Bucket list todos this year: 

1. Nitro event

2. Another CMA event 

3. Maybe another 3d event in New York

4. Maybe a D4 event if i am in town

5. Maybe the miller ranch trial in the niagra trial region

6. Maybe any event in the EU as soon as i move there. 

I am also very oval approaching round. 

--Biff

PS look for quality not quantity.

PPS we are also

doing a cobra moto TTC thing the weekend of March 17th. Teach mx boys about trials.

Edited by biffsgasgas

• 2 weeks later...

I only started trials last year at the ripe old age of 54, after riding bikes since I was 12. Never done any competitions though. 

So far I have done 3 trials (1 last September and 2 this year so far) and 6-7 practice days, I'm picking up very quickly if I do say so myself. 

I'm riding in classic twinshock trials on a Beamish Suzuki, 

Won my class in 2 of the 3 trials so far at clubman level, so may move up a level before to long if I keep progressing. 

I'm looking at doing about 20-25 trials this year and lots of practice days in between. 

Edited by shakennstirred

This is my second season. I do a vintage event each month and try to get a couple of practice sessions in between.

Anyone had any kidney trouble? I've been out and bought a kidney belt as i was really sore a few days after the last trial i did. Think I had the symptoms last year but ignored it as it was too bad, flared up bad this time though. Anyone else suffer?