Use beta long range seat on 4rt

jonovrb

Hi. I'm looking to expand my 4rt fuel tank as much as possible as I have to ride long distances to get to decent riding spots and I enjoy a bit of trail riding too.

I know there is a 4rt long ride seat which holds an extra 2 litres but the beta seat holds an extra 4 litres and if I combine that with a hebo fork tank then my fuel problem is sorted!

However I don't know if the beta seat would be atall compatible. 

Could I make it fit...somehow?

Thanks for any help ? 

Shape of the Beta in comparison to the 4RT is different enough that though I am sure you can make it fit I am not sure it would be easy, work well, or look good.  

I did consider getting one for my daughters Beta and could have sized it up on my 4RT if I had but the one I found got sold before I could snag it.  

Hopefully someone else knows if it might be possible...

Having used my 4RT to backmark a trial last year whilst carrying a 5 litre container in my backpack (I really had no idea how far I would get so erred on the safe side) I now have a 2 litre black plastic petrol container (from ebay) for this year.  That might work for you?  I need the bag anyway and I'm not a fan of upsetting Honda San's steering arrangements by having liquid slopping round.

FYI: I don't know how far your after going but I can get about 25 Miles (40 Kilometers) on a single tank on my 07 4RT's ~2 litres.  Add a Hebo tank and strap one of these (http://www.happy-trail.com/happy-trails-container-holder.html) to your bikes left side downtube and a 2 liter fuel bottle, then add the Montesa tank and you have your 4 litres...  Just a thought..

It wouldn't siphon strait into the tank from anything but the Hebo tank though...

Edited by jonnyc21

I have a 4RT seat tank and seen several 315Rs next to me and like the Beta tank on a 4RT it would take some notable modification to make it work and I wouldn't expect it to be worth the time or money. 

I didn't remove my seat and size it up however, so I could be wrong, but the way the 4RT seat mounts I wouldn't expect it to be an easy modification.   

Thanks for the info guys. Lots of good ideas. I have since bought an evo 300 4t. And il order the seat tank plus the hebo fork tank so that's my fuel worries over. Riffraff, I also have a 315 so il check the evo seat to see if it's atall compatible tho the problem is that I won't be back in the UK for a few months 

I took a punt on the generic Jitsie trials seat for my 315 in the hope that it would fit. It does, pretty well too!

Not cheap at £100, but hopefully, worth it in the long run. Obviously, this doesn't address the fuel range issue, but with the addition of a fork mounted reserve and carrying a 2l scooter-type fuel cell in my backpack (£10 off of Evil Day), I should be sorted, with a combined capacity of around 5l.

Bring on the trails!

Edited by riffraffretro