Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tonyp8845143

How do I replace water pump seals and copper washer on my 315r

5 posts in this topic

Hello All from the USA.

I bought a nice 2002 315r that I love dearly. I have a bit of coolant leaking from the weep hole. I have bought a new gasket, copper washer, oil seal, and water seal. I have tried to search the forum for some instruction, but no luck. I guess I am not searching properly. Could someone please offer a step by step guide or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tony P

Monroe, NC USA

Tony_with_2002_Montesa_315r_488.jpg

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

jonny, I have that manual, it basically says to drain oil, remove cover, and replace seals...

But, is the nut that holds the impeller left or right threaded?

I do not want to damage anything , and was hoping for someone with experience to give a few tips. I ordered the parts from Dennis at Overland Trail, but he said he had never rebuilt the water pump on a 315r.

Thanks,

Tony p

5 hours ago, tonyp8845143 said:

jonny, I have that manual, it basically says to drain oil, remove cover, and replace seals...

But, is the nut that holds the impeller left or right threaded?

I do not want to damage anything , and was hoping for someone with experience to give a few tips. I ordered the parts from Dennis at Overland Trail, but he said he had never rebuilt the water pump on a 315r.

Thanks,

Tony p

You didn't say that you had the manual or had a question on a certain nut or bolt, just that you had the parts and wanted more information... and yes unless the manual indicates something different you can assume its right hand thread. 

Would have been helpful to indicate that...

Edited by jonnyc21