Eboracum club ouseburn trial

Adamd

Hi,   its not a conducted, its an easy white route for the D's which follows most of the sections on the main route.  If you son has some experience he should be ok.  Ebor are a really friendly bunch & will help you out on the day,  its an open trial tomorrow, so you don't need to be in the club for this one.

If he is a total beginner,  Richmond will have a separate conducted trial up at Cogden Hall near Reeth tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Raks Wife said:

Hi,   its not a conducted, its an easy white route for the D's which follows most of the sections on the main route.  If you son has some experience he should be ok.  Ebor are a really friendly bunch & will help you out on the day,  its an open trial tomorrow, so you don't need to be in the club for this one.

If he is a total beginner,  Richmond will have a separate conducted trial up at Cogden Hall near Reeth tomorrow

Thanks for you reply, he has some bike experience over last few years but only riding round fields on my dads farm, I really wanted to start him off with a easy conducted trial but they seem quite hard to find around the helmsley area. The one up at reeth sounds perfect really , do you know if you can just turn up at that one, I have not as yet got him acu membership or joined any club. Adam. 

You can get a day ACU membership now, its paid at the time of entering the trial,  I think its £3,  I expect Richmond offer it, most clubs do now.    The Richmond trial is a club one,   their day membership is £2 with small wheel entry at £8.   Again,  a really friendly bunch & lots of other parents around in the small wheels to help catch etc.

You may be able to contact the secretary to check on the ACU day membership:  chriswallis@richmondmotorclub.com

Ripon tend to do good conducted Trials. They run a few hours before the Main Trial at the same venue. First one will not be until the 22nd April though. I would also watch for Yeadon Guiseley Trials. They do run Conducted Trials at most of their Trials Club and Centre. Horsforth Does have Conducted alongside their Club Trials. The next Club Trials is next Week at Tong and should be a good starter for a youngster.

6 hours ago, telecat said:

Ripon tend to do good conducted Trials. They run a few hours before the Main Trial at the same venue. First one will not be until the 22nd April though. I would also watch for Yeadon Guiseley Trials. They do run Conducted Trials at most of their Trials Club and Centre. Horsforth Does have Conducted alongside their Club Trials. The next Club Trials is next Week at Tong and should be a good starter for a youngster.

Again thanks for the input, i am starting to build up a picture of what is now available, I did not hear back from the Richmond club secretary, for some reason the email bounced back at me? We decided to get some practice in today as it would have been quite a trip to turn up at Reeth if we needed the acu membership. 

IMG_4992.PNG

You can get the ACU form filled in at the trial and send it off or pay a £3 fee for a ACU day registration. Either way you would have been OK to ride. It is possible to fill in the form online if you get a Code from a club you are a member of and can upload a photo for the card.. You only need to register for the ACU though one club but you can join as many clubs as you need to. At one stage in my Son's riding career we had Membership of 10 different clubs riding virtually every weekend.