Jumbo Project/Tank badges

motopelli

Here's my Jumbo project. I bought it as an unfinished project. It's slowly coming together. The tank was as knackered as you'd expect of a 30 year old bike, found a guy who polishes them up and he did a fantastic job, Now I need to make up some badges. Thinking of doing it in CAD and having them printed. If any one could provide straight on pictures of the right and left badges I'd much appreciate it.  I'm happy to share the CAD file when done to anyone interested

SWM Jumbo.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, motopelli said:

Hi fourex, that seems a good solution, I'll contact them

b40rt, thanks for the link, I was hoping for a straight on picture so I could trace it but that will be a good reference if I do wind up making them.

You can't really put stickers on plastic tanks as they breath fumes ! I had  an swm italics badge engraved onto aluminium plate. Looks good IMO, but obviously not original.

Edited by b40rt

24 minutes ago, b40rt said:

You can't really put stickers on plastic tanks as they breath fumes ! I had  an swm italics badge engraved onto aluminium plate. Looks good IMO, but obviously not original.

It looks like the ones from France are plastic so no problem there. If that doesn't pan out  I'll do a CAD and have them 3d printed in plastic

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you get your Jumbo tank badges figured out? Just wondering as I'm in need of a pair which appear to be hard to find. I would be interested in sourcing some, also your tank looks great, I need to get mine done as it's dull and faded with the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey motom, not yet. No reply from France so I'll probably ramp up the CAD and have them printed. The SWM has been on the back burner as I've been overwhelmed wt work. It's  probably going to be a while before I get back to it but I'm happy to keep you in the loop when the time comes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It turns out the badges i'd bought from France a while back are both for the left side, only realised this today when I went to fit the right side. To make matters worse that French site I mentioned in the 3rd post no longer has them it would appear and Martin Matthews has none currently listed on his site. So, does anyone know where I might find some preferably like the left ones I've already got? 

IMG_20170513_162815.jpg

that is lovely sir:wub:

Just noticed those Jumbo Rotax lump look like they don't run a primary gear flywheel...there is no bulge for it?

PS did they run Domino levers and perches when new? If so dump the present ones or you are in for some possible 'cable pain'

Edited by iconic558

• 3 weeks later...

Using various pictures online, I've come up with these versions. The "W" on the right side badge seems to need a little tweaking. Do any of you have input as to how accurate this is, what to change etc? Once the 2D version is right, I'll make it 3D and shop around for an RP shop to print. If that works out I'll be happy to share 

SWM Badge [Converted].png

• Like 1