4rt stronger clutch springs

Jeff mc

On 2/23/2017 at 9:12 AM, sportsawyer said:

The 300RR uses washers under the springs to get a little more preload and clamping force. If you want to see the location of the washers, there's a 300RR parts list on http://www.montesa4rt.nl/ and the washer is Reference # 20 and P.N. 22403-NN4-L60.

Mitani sells Tomoyuki Ogawa springs which are advertised as "stronger", Banyeres sells them.

Another option would be slightly softer springs and use all six. I can't suggest what would work.

Like JimmyL said, the newer friction plates are better. I use those with dimpled steel plates and Dex VI ATF, this works very well for me.

I have  a2016 4RT, just put in the dimpled plates and run all 6 springs. Use BelRay Gearsaver 80w for wet clutches...works great.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2015 4rt that I bought new, I've got to say the standard clutch run on ELF HTX 40 is one of the best drag free responsive clutches I've had, it is my first four stroke but had lots of two strokes.

I would have thought that with all the R and D Honda have at their disposal they would put a pretty good clutch in from day one.

Im only a rider of basic abilities, possibly the expert riders need more.

Just my opinion folks.