241 advice needed

john w

Hi all,

I bought a Fantic 241 last weekend at Telford. It was sold as having the main bearings seized, which is indeed the case as it's had water in it and been stood.

I have dropped the engine ready to strip it down. It also has a broken ring that has scored the piston, although the bore doesn't look too bad. Are pistons & rings available ?

Can anyone point me at an engine parts diagram,  and maybe a list of seals and bearings. 

Finally, this bike currently has a white frame (yellow underneath) and forks,  I think it should be red. Is if possible to date the bike from the frame or engine number to get the paintwork right ?

Thanks in advance,

John.

Edited by john w

Pistons are the same as a 240 - not particularly cheap. 241 is a 1986 bike, as you say the frame and forks should be red, I think from memory Ford Rosso red is a good match. The tank would either be red with white decals or white with red & blue decals. I have got a parts list with exploded diagrams of the whole bike, but its a big file, if you pm me your email I can send it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have just bought a 241, with the odd problem,  it looks like the lower links connecting the monoshock to the swinging arm are fitted the wrong way round. Worse, it looks like someone has used threaded rod for the swinging arm spindle, which has sheared. I am still trying to work out how to get it out! Could do with exploded diagrams, or any advice.

• 2 years later...