Gas Gas poor quality exhaust end cap

cragvale

The quality of the plastic end cap on gas gas exhausts is not the best.

After breaking 2 end caps ( mounting tabs) in a short space of time, has anyone tried gluing the end cap in to avoid buying a new one or does a better quality replacement exist.

What year is your bike? The 2011 end caps where shocking but 2012 onwards they got abit better and had an extra screw at the top to help stop them separating from the exhaust,might be worth ordering a newer one 

• Like 1

It's also designed as a sacrificial part to some degree. As the middle box is a lot more expensive if damaged.

It definitely doesn't hold up for extended periods when used as a seat! But that was not in the design brief either I would imagine.

I have seen a few bikes with a small piece of ally flat bar pop rivetted across the top so you can do the obligatory sit down wheelies if that's your thing.

There is an aluminium option (Google Gas Gas BDI End Cap or similar and you should find it), and also 2M make a very nice carbon end cap that also looks amazing, is really well made and a good fit.

Quite a few options.

Edited by arnoux
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

It is a 2013 but has just one screw at top. If the 2011 ones were worse they must have been pretty bad.

Arnoux the small piece of alloy bar is a good idea - I think a variation is glueing the top part on to stop it separating ( as I think the top part was originally glued on as gunge at top looked very like glue - originally owned by GG mechanic so maybe works mod)

It has been large rocks that has caused the exhaust end cap to slacken off I believe. Son just needs to get better on large rock steps !

I think I will improvise with alloy bar at top or Glue and look to buy better quality if that does not work.

many thanks