2001 gas gas txt 250 idling problem

monkster

i have a 2001 gas gas 250 idling problem when i start bike and give it a rev and let go the revs seem to be staying up ive tried a different  carburetor and reed valve seems ok the fuel mixture is 80/5 and when the bike is warm and i turn it off and go to start again it wont start unless i put the choke on ive changed the plug 3 time to the factory one  (NGK BPR5ES)

all help appreciated 

sorry only getting to reply now but ive re jetted the carb checked reed vavle  cyclinder compression checked the timing and replaced the reed valve rubber and the bike is a bit better but its now missing/back firing  any help?

i got the proper jetting from gas gas uk " the ones they said they use on the bike from factory" and theres no play in bearing "pulling flywheel up and down" and tested seals by pressurising the hole engine 

Pressurising the engine does not necessarily prove the seals are OK. The seals are designed to seal tighter with crankcase pressure. It is when the crankcase is at negative (relative to atmospheric) pressure that worn seals allow air in. You would have to create a vacuum of at least 22 inch mercury to assesses the seal effectiveness.

• Like 1