Progressive spring for Paioli fork

chesticle

Hey, I have Progressive spring in my forks- Evo 4t 2012. Got it from Saunders Xtreme Sports in UK. I think there is one used on Ebay now. I can recommend it. I used to bottom the forks all the time. I really didn't like the forks before, that has changed. It's acceptable now and brought back pleasure in using them.  Although the dampening is still on weak side and cant be controlled with adjusters (I think they have finally addressed that in 2017 Evo factory). On big drop offs it still is close to bottoming and not so plush. All in all for the money its's big positive change for me. Hope that helps.

ps. Does anybody know which position progressive spring should be mounted ? Tighter wound end should be top or bottom? Thanks

Edited by klonheadd

Great, thanks for this information, I will look into the spring for sure. You are right that it's the big hits that are the downfall of the Paioli... I love it on the softer stuff, but not so much on the big drops that give a hard hit. In answer to your question, the end of the spring where the spring coils are closer together goes in the bottom of the fork leg, the looser wind goes toward the top. 

I have the stronger fork and shock spring from Saunders on my 2013. helps tremendously as you can back off the preload and the suspension is much more compliant on the small stuff. Preload on a spring really screws up how the suspension responds.

What about Fudd's first law of opposition, If you push something hard enough it will probably fall over. And Teslicle's deviant to Fudd's law, It goes in, it must come out.

Edited by dan williams
Mis-spelled the name of Sir Sydney Fudd.