TLR200 Reflex rear spring rates

captain_olives

Putting the finishing touches on my budget TLR 200 Reflex project and after doing a shakedown ride, I think the oem springs might be a little soft for my svelte middle aged frame. Does anyone know what the OEM rear shock spring rate is on the originally fitted Showas?  With all the preload adjustment used, I seem to be using about 75% of the travel (sag) with me on the bike.  I'm a novice to Trials, but decades setting up offroad bikes suspension.  So I have no idea what kind of sag figures I should be shooting for or spring rates.    

I was able to pair up a couple of original shocks with good dampening.  Do any of the aftermarket shock springs work with the OEM Showa shocks?  

The bikes intended purpose is some novice level vintage twin shock trials events with me aboard and a buddy playbike for visitors.  I'm 225lbs, 16 stone, or 102kgs.

If no aftermarket springs work, would the 40, 50, or 65lb springs listed on the TYtrials website for Beter shocks be best for my intended use?   While I am sure the Falcon, Rockshocks etc are superior quality and performance, but for its intended purpose they may be overkill.  That and they cost nearly as much as the project bike itself.  If this were a more advanced build with a larger budget and I was considering doing more than a couple trials events, I would certainly consider the more expensive options.

Perfect budget and project solution would be a fitting some aftermarket springs to the OEM shocks.  Just dont know if its possible.  If not, Betor route.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insights!