Tr280i Diagnostic Software

ricarvar

ok... more news...

I re-assembled the stator with the old parts - just to retest again and be sure what else may be wrong. I still haven't changed the damaged cranck-cover bolts or pick-up coil yet, but I plan to do it once I sort out what else may need replacing.

So I re-tested all the eight (8) functions with the software and "ALL" seem to be good - which may indicates that the pick-up coil is still doing its job (? although I plan to replace it). for example, I installed a Spark-plug tester that lights-up between the spark-cable and the spark-plug... and it does when I tested the ignition coil. The injector does makes the electric noise also when tested, the fuel pump does gets "on" and make noise, the fan does rotates and makes noise, and all the other four (4) parameters in the software do make noises when tested. So from the software... what can I tell to troubleshoot my non-start issue ???

I also bought a Fuel-Injection-pressure tester - to be sure the fuel pump is putting out 50psig and maintaining it. Findings: it does put out 52 psig. The pressure goes down slowly though with no leaks... which I don't know whether it's normal or not ???. As you guys mentioned before, I'd also need to adjust the TPS as it's off, but I guess that will happen once I've found the "no-start" issue.

So the question now is whether the pressure-lost affects a bike to not-start?, what else can be tested electrically for start (e.g. voltage, amps, etc.)? or what else can cause the non-start issue?... seems like I'm back close to ground zero    :-(

I would think the there is nothing wrong with the fuel pressure, as long as it doesnt drop off to fast. The stator generates voltage to run the electrics of the bike, pump, fan, ecu. The regulator which is the alum ribbed box bolted by the coil. Try removing the spark plug and ground it or just unplug the wire to the coil. Then connect a voltmeter across the red and black wires where you power up while running the kscan software. When you kick the bike over with the plug out you should see over 12 volts at the voltmeter telling you the stator is working ok. I think you just need a pick up coil. Did you phone dualsport plus to see if they have one. ?

Hi All,

I've been in the field on some work-assignment and not back until next week; as such, I haven't had a chance to work/reply. However, I'm still very puzzle with the spark-plug not getting wet while the software doesn't indicates any troubles. I'm guessing the circuit 9from the software perspective) is ok and the problem may be something physical.

What could cause the spark plug not to get wet?... any seal-leaks somewhere that could suck the gasoline before it goes up to the spark plug?

The pick up coil measures 182 ohms across the terminals, anywhere around 200 ohms indicates the pick up coil is fine.

The high tension (HT) coil shows open circuit between the HT lead and the ground lug (on my meter at least) and between the HT lead and the low tension connector (LT lead). Between the LT connector and the ground lug shows less than 0.5 ohms.

We have only ever used Windows XP with the Ossa software, it was developed by Kokusan using XP early on.

Are you using a separate 12v battery source to power the wiring loom while trying the software?

Would be very unusual for the HT coil to fail.

Bye, Peter B.

Woops! my post went in the wrong place.

If you are getting a spark, you can pour a few drops of fuel down the plug hole to see if the bike fires up, have done this before on a freezing morning, which worked to get the motor going.

Also, you can remove the injector and leave it hanging with it's cap on to physically check if there is fuel exiting the end using the software, or by simply kicking the motor over.

Bye, Peter B.

Lotus54, you are correct, the cap squeezes over an O ring on the injector, which you can hold together in your hand. I have done this before as a functional check to see if the injector was delivering fuel. You can see the fuel spray exiting the injector.

Bye, Peter B.

Took my cover of today just to see some oil......

after i made me a puller i took the flywheel of and the bolts were not loose,they were starting to come loose.

If you loose crank case compresion the plug would not get wet,everyting gets out in the generator/stator area and bike wont start.

Do as ric h says,check bolts:)

Have a nice day

Christian

2 minutes ago, christianmoller said:

Took my cover of today just to see some oil......

after i made me a puller i took the flywheel of and the bolts were not loose,they were starting to come loose.

If you loose crank case compresion the plug would not get wet,everyting gets out in the generator/stator area and bike wont start.

Do as ric h says,check bolts:)

Have a nice day

Christian

Ops,

I also post on the wrong place,sorry for that

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

Sorry for such late reply. I haven't had a chance top work on the bike at all... so I'm stuck on same last place. However, as soon as I get a chance I will try to:

1. Set TPS to recommended values (I've never done it before... hope that is not difficult ?)

2. Double check injector as recommended by peterb above.

Cheers !