CCM TR 250 bargain

guys

I owned one for about a year when they were new and, as a trials bike it was a disaster, the power output was all wrong and the gearing was pathetic - so you can be fairly sure it isn't a good proposition as a bike to ride in current classic events (assuming one were prepared to risk such a valuable investment) moreover it isn't actually eligible other than in British Bike trials where it could be ridden in the twinshock class.

Like you say - if you have the loot buy it as a work of art and stick it in a frame on the wall...........................

• Like 3

Hi Guy's.

The CCM is "British" and it is collectable. to someone that collects machines to safeguard the history of such.

If they had been that good a tool there would have already been a spate of copies built by the commercial sector.

But unless someone is prepared to construct a New copy engine, in years to come that engine will be worth the asking price?

Have you tried buying a BSA GB B40 engine and parts lately? And these were said to be not a good choice of BSA engines for trials in the first place.

This must make the "BSA C15 G" engine worth its weight in Gold.

Anyway the good thing is, my collection of BSA "Otter's" have just gone up in value over night, and I am still making them,and now with the correct frame as-well.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laird387 said:

I owned one for about a year when they were new and, as a trials bike it was a disaster, the power output was all wrong and the gearing was pathetic - so you can be fairly sure it isn't a good proposition as a bike to ride in current classic events (assuming one were prepared to risk such a valuable investment) moreover it isn't actually eligible other than in British Bike trials where it could be ridden in the twinshock class.

It could be ridden in the Kia championship, Yorkshire Classic trials, plus any trial with a twinshock class against the machines it was designed to compete with in the first place. Or, of course, any open trial with a suitable clubman route. So you could compete on it any weekend of the year round my way and have some fun out of your investment. Or just keep it in the garage to look at.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2017 at 5:07 PM, 2stroke4stroke said:

I remember seeing Thorpie force one round the Scottish.  Back then I might have paid the then equivalent of £17,000 not to have to ride one☺

But a piece of trials history nonetheless.

Sorry, couldn't find an image of Dave Thorpe on his CCM in the Scottish in the archive - but how about Nick Jefferies on what was reported to be a 400cc CCM in the 1978 Scottish - seen wheeling it off the initial weigh-in ramp............

Enjoy.

default '01.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...