MX Jerseys

cornishflyer

I'm not really into the look of the trials jerseys on offer, the MX selection is much wider. MX jerseys seem to be cheaper as well.

Without wanting to come over all fashion conscious (which I certainly am not), is there a difference between MX and Trials Jerseys? Is it just the fit?

Cheers,

MX jerseys / shirts tend to be thin and ventilated as they are intended to be worn along with body armour, elbow and back protectors etc. maybe not ideal for UK trials. Many mx jerseys are made of material with a high % of polyester which melts easily on hot engine / exhaust parts and then can stick to the skin with unpleasant results. 

2 hours ago, dadof2 said:

MX jerseys / shirts tend to be thin and ventilated as they are intended to be worn along with body armour, elbow and back protectors etc. maybe not ideal for UK trials. Many mx jerseys are made of material with a high % of polyester which melts easily on hot engine / exhaust parts and then can stick to the skin with unpleasant results. 

Thanks dadof2, does this mean that trials tops are made of a different material or is that only some of them? 

I live in Sydney so the ventilation isn't really an issue.

The MX and trials gear I have used are close to the same over all but the MX are often higher amounts of polyester than the trials tops I have used. 

I like the trials tops I have used just a bit better than the MX ones for trials but its more because I am not a big polyester fan.  The MX ones I have over all work fine however so use them off and on.  I do like actual trials pants better for trials riding as the fit and stretch are nicer in my experience for the body movements done in trials.  If you want a more clean cut stile that isn't as typical trials but with trials focus for movement I might suggest Up and Over Trials gear http://www.upandovertrials.com/.  (not sure where you are located so not sure best options outside the US...)

Edited by jonnyc21

1 hour ago, jonnyc21 said:

The MX and trials gear I have used are close to the same over all but the MX are often higher amounts of polyester than the trials tops I have used. 

I like the trials tops I have used just a bit better than the MX ones for trials but its more because I am not a big polyester fan.  The MX ones I have over all work fine however so use them off and on.  I do like actual trials pants better for trials riding as the fit and stretch are nicer in my experience for the body movements done in trials.  If you want a more clean cut stile that isn't as typical trials but with trials focus for movement I might suggest Up and Over Trials gear http://www.upandovertrials.com/.  (not sure where you are located so not sure best options outside the US...)

Thanks Jonnyc21,

I like the look of their stuff, just finding out if they ship to Sydney.

Cheers,

On 06/03/2017 at 1:43 AM, cornishflyer said:

Thanks dadof2, does this mean that trials tops are made of a different material or is that only some of them? 

I live in Sydney so the ventilation isn't really an issue.

There tends to be a % of polyester in most clothing, The lower the % the better for all off road motorcycle clothing. Polyester is hardwearing but it does not breathe well and there is a much higher burn risk compared to cotton and wool clothing. I think the british military abandoned polyester clothing due to their experience with it in the Falklands war.

• 2 weeks later...