New Bike

taff_d

4 hours ago, b40rt said:

How difficult would it be to fit a catch tank if that's the only (non) issue with carbs. 

Quite happy to go with that as a solution if I could get it to work. A keihin has a single breather on a gg/ sherco / Trs. I drilled a second one using the casting for this purpose on the left side of the carb and connected this to the float bowl overflow. This was on my 2013 gg.

My flawed logic being I didn't want a number of tanks collecting fuel. So if I connected two together I could have one tank for the original breather and the fuel would recycle from the overlow back into the bowl. I hoped the length of pipe would provude capacity to deal with the fuel. It didn't work, the carb flooded quickly.

Base principle is that the breather tube has to allow air in but this means it allows fuel out of the same route when the bike is dropped.

It might work if we had bigger diameter vent tubes and installed one way breathers rather than a tank?? If you simply fit a small tank to the breather you cut off the air supply and it will vacuum lock.

I'll try the breather next.....

Any other ideas? 

Edited by baldilocks

Back on topic, I've just got back from a very enjoyable test ride on a Vertigo Ice Combat 250 ? thanks to Tom at Cloburn Trial and Enduro.

The bike fueled very well and felt very light after been on a 4t for the last 2 years, even on the slow map it was a bit fast for me but a slow action throttle will help with that. The only bad point is the £6995 price absolutely no discounts.

Hopefully get a go on a TRS 250rr Sunday then it could be decision time ☺️ 

Edited by taff_d

The 2017 bikes are apparently significantly better on the electric's side, no battery required now.

I could be wrong here but I don't think they made a 250 Ice on the 2016 model.

Edited by taff_d

This thread has gone seriously off topic, I certainly haven't helped. ?However unless you are a landowner, and your land can hold a trial, and you can convince various authorities that you are correct its not really your opinion or mine that matters is it ?

4 hours ago, oni nou said:

And significantly more expensive... perhaps a change of the offending electrical components with the later parts to a 1 previous polishers machine.According to a lot of discussions on here the 300 is smooth and tractable on certain map settings.

You obviously have not seen me ride, 300 and me should not be mentioned in the same sentence it would be utter carnage ?

1 hour ago, taff_d said:

You obviously have not seen me ride, 300 and me should not be mentioned in the same sentence it would be utter carnage ?

The 300 vertigo is very smooth and easy to ride so is the trs. The only difference is a 300 has more torque.I bought my trs 300 without having a go on a 300 trs  its really smooth making it easy to control this is the same with the vertigo.

18 hours ago, taff_d said:

Back on topic, I've just got back from a very enjoyable test ride on a Vertigo Ice Combat 250 ? thanks to Tom at Cloburn Trial and Enduro.

The bike fueled very well and felt very light after been on a 4t for the last 2 years, even on the slow map it was a bit fast for me but a slow action throttle will help with that. The only bad point is the £6995 price absolutely no discounts.

Hopefully get a go on a TRS 250rr Sunday then it could be decision time ☺️ 

The 250 RR will be lighter , £1100 cheaper, easier to work on, and more reliable, and it's a fantastic ride. 

I rode a 250 ice hell and for all it's technology it didn't bring anything extra to the ride compared to my sherco!

On Fri Mar 10 2017 at 7:57 AM, dmc2028372 said:

The 250 RR will be lighter , £1100 cheaper, easier to work on, and more reliable, and it's a fantastic ride. 

I rode a 250 ice hell and for all it's technology it didn't bring anything extra to the ride compared to my sherco!

I'm not sure about the last bit you, must have some Sherco then

• 3 weeks later...