Slow puncture (tubeless tyre)

suzuki250

Do away with rim tape

Fit a bolt in valve with O ring

Seal spokes with sikaflex winsdscreen adhesive or dow corning lead and gutter seal. Do not use acetoxy silicone, it will rapidly corrode the rim.

9 hours ago, dadof2 said:

Do away with rim tape

Fit a bolt in valve with O ring

Seal spokes with sikaflex winsdscreen adhesive or dow corning lead and gutter seal. Do not use acetoxy silicone, it will rapidly corrode the rim.

Wouldn’t it be easier just to fit a rim tape? :rotfl:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cmccoll said:

I had a similar problem about a year ago, the air was escaping around a couple of spokes. I ended up sticking a tube in, it was tight and it took a couple of hours to get it in. :mellow: If your solution doesn't hold up, try a tube. :D

we've been here before. Grip is lost with a tube in.

• Like 1

I'm by no means the best mechanic in the world but fitting a rim tape isn't that hard. Once it's in properly it last for years.

I've ran tubes before in a split tyre, fitted a patch to the inside wall. It's ok short term but if you get a puncture you are out of the trial unless you can get back to the van and generate enough pressure to fit another one. It can also damage the rim at the valve hole when the tube slips.