Beta or Gas Gas

shorty1978

I'm looking for advice on a new bike and unsure of what to go for ? I'm quite new to trials but have picked it up fairly quick I started with a beta rev 3 250 but now looking to upgrade, I'm sure a 300 would be too much maybe? but there seems to be lots about for my budget of around 4k .I'm set on a beta or a gas gas .What would you guys suggest thanks . 

• Like 1

£4000 buys a lot of bike,and is a lot to spend on something that feels great in the dealers car park but might not suit you at an event.Its worth asking people at your local events for a go on their bikes,you may find a bike you hadn't considered suits you best,If you could raise £500 more the TRS are now available second hand,a lot of people rate them very highly.All modern bikes are superb,make sure you choose the best for you,which will most likely be a 250 .300s are too much for most unless you're good enough to win group trials or harder

• Like 1

I have come from GasGas and Montesa Honda and got a new Beta.

Spent the whole day on a Beta,and it's smooth as silk.

Having said that,i used to have a 2013 TXT pro. Aww mate  brill to ride. You could ballance the thing on a crusty dog turd it was so easy on it's wheels.

Just something about the Beta though. It only excells at two things but they're the two things you can use to great advantage and they are ,balance in a turn and total control of the throttle.

Think the Beta is more club rider focused as opposed to the latest GasGas theme which to me seems Expert focused.

Unless your a big lad or really excellent or both , don't think you would need a 300. It's your choice though.

• Like 3

In short I think the bases have been covered, however my 2 cents on the 250 v's 300...

First... Ride as many different 250's and 300's as you can if your trying to figure out witch you will like better. :icon_salut:

Second... Very few people need the extra power a 300 has, however some people really like the feel of a 300 so if your not a big fella or quite experienced as indicated above you will not need one.  But that isn't to say don't get one if after you have played on as many as possible if you just mesh with one... :thumbup:

On a personal note... after having played on several different bikes over the years if it was me I would likely go with a Beta 250 as they just seem to be great bikes for the average rider.  However personal taste is the most important thing, and if a Gas Gas brings a bigger grin to your face then you know what's in your future... 

Good luck!

Edited by jonnyc21