Is Beta Evo 2T 200 the best option... for me?

cam

The cheap hour meters don't seem to last very long.  I have no idea if the "better" ones at £35 are any improvement on that (but would like to hear from anyone with experience of them).

You just wrap the wire round the plug lead - but the Beta is not so critical that you can't just estimate the time each week.

Sorry, I think my use of cheap wasn't correct, I should have used a different term...  

I have one that would be about the $35 range and it is lasting longer for me than the $12 one I had before it.  To me $35 lasting a long time is less expensive than $12 and doesn't last. 

I can't say all of the meters in that range will last as long as mine seems to be but one report might make it worth someone else trying one... 

Thanks guys! I have a tachometer that came with the bike. I haven't install that yet to see if it memorize hours, but not sure if I would want to keep it on it, not sure if it has a good place for it. It would have been nice if the bike would just memorize the hours and I would check from time to time with a gadget of some sort :D

Anyway, here are some pictures from my first ride:

IMG_20170516_164458.jpg

20170516_165725_Richtone(HDR).jpg

IMG_20170516_164317.jpg

IMG_20170516_172742.jpg

20170516_163708_Richtone(HDR).jpg

IMG_20170516_165605.jpg

To be honest that throttle is so quick and responsive that the slightest movement revs the motor and the power surprise me. Too late to say I need a 125cc, so in case I don't get used to it, what ways are there to make the bike more manageable?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, cam said:

To be honest that throttle is so quick and responsive that the slightest movement revs the motor and the power surprise me. Too late to say I need a 125cc, so in case I don't get used to it, what ways are there to make the bike more manageable?

Thanks!

Don't worry, you will. Just give it some time.

5 minutes ago, cleanorbust said:

Don't worry, you will. Just give it some time.

Glad to hear that. I'm used with my 4T 240cc bike (Ajp Enduro Pro) and that one has a slower throttle and less power and when trying to ride hills with the Evo I give the same twist as the enduro bike and I get too much power.

I guess I just need to learn how this bike responds with how much power.

Oh...and to not try to ride it as an enduro bike either. I fell :D Nothing serious. That front tire do not pushes into ground like the enduro one and the bike don't slow down as a 4T bike :D Lesson learned. At speed doesn't seem to be planted.

Edited by cam

1 hour ago, cam said:

Oh...and to not try to ride it as an enduro bike either. I fell :D Nothing serious. That front tire do not pushes into ground like the enduro one and the bike don't slow down as a 4T bike :D Lesson learned. At speed doesn't seem to be planted.

Well, it is designed to be ridden at 5mph!