Is Beta Evo 2T 200 the best option... for me?

cam

Thank you all for your suggestions. I wanted a Beta 200, but it seems that specific model can't be registered to be able to ride it on public roads. I had to decide between 125 and 250, so I've chosen the 250. Since I'm buying new, I thought it will last me longer and that is the best choice money wise.

I've just ordered it today. Now I'm waiting excited for it to arrive.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find some good boots to buy and also a way to mix gas and oil easier, some kind of measurement container. If you have some links, threads, or thoughts to share on those 2 things, please do. 

" that specific model can't be registered to be able to ride it on public roads. " Any idea why?

I've always used a simple cheap 100ml measuring cylinder for the oil.

It may be best to search the forum for boots to see which ones the soles fall off or any other issues, just like bikes everyone has their favorite brand so you'll get 4 or 5 recommendations.

19 hours ago, totty79 said:

" that specific model can't be registered to be able to ride it on public roads. " Any idea why?

I'm not sure why, the only thing the dealer said was that it's not Euro 4 homologated. The Evo 4T 250 is also not homologated.

Just bought a Beta Evo 200 in the Uk and had it road registered, only used it once so far but WHAT A BIKE!!!!  I have no trials experience at all and it just feels comfortable to ride, at no point did it feel like it was going to run away with itself I can't wait to get out on it again

• Like 2

Today received the 2 DVDs of Ryan Young. Combining those with B. Morris videos on youtube might be enough to learn a lot. Exciting times!

My Alpinestars Tech-T boots are on their way as well. What's missing is the bike. I'm hoping I'll get it next week.

Edited by cam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please help! In a day or two my Beta will arrive and I'm confused about how and what oil to use for it.

1. How should I mix gas with oil? I never had a 2 stroke.

I hear people talking about ratios like 24:1 or 50:1, but the Evo manual only says this: "Use a blend of high-octane unleaded gasoline and synthetic oil at 1,5%."

How does that translate to a ratio like 24:1? I have this bottle for mixing but I don't know exactly how to use it: http://www.motosport.com/maxima-quick-2-mix

2. For mixing the manual recommend for oil "LIQUI MOLY RACING SYNTH 2T". I just saw there is a offroad one also, but I have the "Street Race" one. Is that good too?

3. For gear and clutch oil it says "LIQUI MOLY RACING 4T 10W-30" but mine only says street, no racing. Is it good?

4. Can I use other types of oils, especially for mixing? Liqui Moly seems kinda hard to find in my country. Most of the websites have different kinds. What other brand can I use?

Thank you!

Edited by cam

A few worth considering if you can get them might be "GRO Gear Extrem 75w", "Maxima MTL 75w", "Silkolene light", or "Silkolene Comp" gear oils.  

I have had good luck with the Maxima MTL 75w myself but not sure what you can get in Romaina as indicated by "oni nou".

So, these 2 are good?

For oil mix: https://products.liqui-moly.com/motorbike-2t-synth-street-race-3.html

For gear: https://products.liqui-moly.com/motorbike-4t-10w-30-street-6.html

The fact that says street and not offroad, and that there is no "racing" word on the gear oil, makes uncertain if they are good. Those 2 I have purchased.

Edited by cam

Now if only I knew how to start it :( I managed to do a first start. Then decided to stop it and do another. Now it won't start for a second time and I hear a beeping noise every time I try to kickstart it. Any idea why?

Edited by cam

Sorry if this might seem stupid, but how exactly do you see/track how many hours the bike has? Is the tachometer required to be installed on the bike or it has another way to memorize the hours?

Cam, you need to meet someone who knows about bikes and maintenance. If you know proper maintenance a bike it will last a long time and if you don't it could be ruined in 1 weekend. Air filter, oil mix, engine oil, grease, etc, etc etc

• Like 1