Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

stpauls

IRC tyres

31 posts in this topic

Do IRC rear tyres still come off the modern Motad-style rims when inflated at very low pressures,  2 - 3 psi?

If so, then why don't the manufacturers make the bead a bit smaller/reduce it's circumference?

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Why run the pressure so low ?  IRC tires have very soft side walls, although I suppose if it's going to come off a pound or two won't make any difference.

It`s supposed to be the rim that is slightly off on tolerance.

1 person likes this

They're both supposed to be made to a standard, to ensure compatability.  Such a quality control issue ahould not have existed for as long as it has.

2 people like this

IRC tyres changed their design?

"These tyres are the brand new 2017 model with the re-designed bead to fit modern rims better. "

Yes the revised irc still come off the rim. Multiple rims. We are calling them "i r ceeing you dnf any moment". At 5 to 6 psi the leak slowly and around 3 ish become a bracelet. My dunlop d803gp's have ridden half a loop in sections flat (only on the bottom mind you) just to make their way back to the pits for a repair. I have found the sidewall on the irc to be stiffer not softer.

--Biff

2 people like this

having problems with the dunlop 803gp anythink below 6psi and it goes  flat.absolute rubbish tyre

I remember hearing that some of the wheels have a bit of issues with some tires... So, what kind of wheel do you have? 

I'm have tried a new type IRC that isn't supposed to deflate.

Starting pressure on lap 1.   4 psi

Finishing pressure.   3.5 psi

Starting pressure on lap 2.   4 psi

Finishing pressure.   2.5 psi.

This was a rocky two lap road trial. Probably better result than older IRC but still far from acceptable.

I have now given the bead two coats of Tip Top bead sealer to see if it will help. 

Lomax road trial on Monday will test it!

On 06/04/2017 at 11:02 PM, biffsgasgas said:

Yes the revised irc still come off the rim. Multiple rims. We are calling them "i r ceeing you dnf any moment". At 5 to 6 psi the leak slowly and around 3 ish become a bracelet. My dunlop d803gp's have ridden half a loop in sections flat (only on the bottom mind you) just to make their way back to the pits for a repair. I have found the sidewall on the irc to be stiffer not softer.

--Biff

You are right. They have a stiffer sidewall and softer tread area.