montesa 4rt

binit

I'd suggest that, in relative terms, yours is barely run in.  

A pal sold his 2005 last year and it still sounded like a Swiss watch and on the original plug.  No SSDTs admitttedly but an indication of lifespan.

Keep the oil fresh and the air filter clean and it should go on a lot longer than your hour meter will last at any rate.

Others will have similar stories; I think JRSunt might have the most experience in this matter.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

If you are concerned I'd spend a bit of money now, rather than wait too long and have to spend alot of money. New piston, rings and pin £130 ish, barrell re coat £130, new valves, springs etc probably another 100. If it goes bang then you could be looking at 2k

My 2006 had alot of hard hours on it, including several ssdt's, scotts, french 4 days, reeth 3 days, it would have gone for longer but I welded an oil way up which helped kill it

• Like 1

I've had an 06 for the last 10yrs and it's had one plug a tyre or 3 and chain and sprockets more than once . It's still on the original brake pads ! It's never failed to start for me , I keep threatening to update for a newer model but can't really see the point . No wonder they don't sell many as they go on and on ! 

on and on 

• Like 3

I can't imagine how many hours it did. 4 ssdts and 6 scotts alone would put at least 120 hours on it. I'd practise 2 times a week for a year or so and I bet there weren't many weekends that I didn't ride from 2006-2009. The bike had oil and filters every 2 months ish, valves were checked and set every 6 months

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 7:35 AM, White hawk said:

I've had an 06 for the last 10yrs and it's had one plug a tyre or 3 and chain and sprockets more than once . It's still on the original brake pads ! It's never failed to start for me , I keep threatening to update for a newer model but can't really see the point . No wonder they don't sell many as they go on and on ! 

on and on 

Your story sounds just like mine but i did order a new 300RR this year my 06 is still running and happy gonna try to get my wife into riding with it.   My 300rr is duein  april 26th been a long wait for it i ordered it in Oct.

• Like 1