Always Wondered?

billyt

41 minutes ago, slicktop said:

serious question

On a RHD auto, is the gas pedal on the right or left?

I'm a Devils Child (lefty), and to me a left hand throttle would be weird.

On the other hand, (no pun intended) the left side kicker on Betas is just what the doctor ordered.

lol. The pedal configuration in cars is the same, irrespective of LHD or RHD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slicktop said:

On the other hand, (no pun intended) the left side kicker on Betas is just what the doctor ordered.

Mmm, I look forward to one day having a left kicker & brake (though that's more to do with have a bad right knee)

Or better yet, an electric bike with nothing but footpegs down there!

16 hours ago, dadof2 said:

American police Harley davidsons used to have a left hand throttle. This was so they could keep it open whilst using the right hand to shoot.

The left hand throttle on the old shovel head Harleys i have seen controls ignition timing. I am not a Harley guy but I have heard some stories about kicking the bike over and turning that second grip incorrectly. 

--Biff

With our left hand drive cars and manual transmissions I know some people get very nervous about having to drive a car in the UK or any other right hand drive country. Growing up we had a 1952 farmall cub tractor with the stick on the left. I never found the shifter side to be a big issue but again i grew up driving the thing. Great machine to learn the "Double clutch" on too.

--Biff

4 hours ago, hrmad said:

I'm left handed, is this a good excuse for poor throttle control? 

If I wasn't nearly ambidextrous I would use it.  Good excuse or not I vote use it!  ;) 

FYI: I say nearly ambidextrous because I favor the right.  I am not sure if I favor it because most of the world is right or I am right but just good with my left...

When you can eat rice using chop sticks in ether hand and a bunch of other things like that with my left as well but because of using the right so much in life, school etc., is it really right handed or is it just conditioning...  

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, lineaway said:

**** Billy, they just mount the bike backwards and sit on the bars! Don`t tell me you never rode a bike backwards? I started on bicycles and moved up to full size bikes. In the seventies there were a couple of guys that did this for a living in the states. Mainly doing simple things, but some could do high speed wheelies. Being right handed I sometimes crashed. At pushing 60 I only ride bicycles backwards anymore.

Mr Backwards!

I saw him jump 5 cars sitting backwards when I was a kid. let me tell you,that Triumph was thye sweetest sounding motorcycle of all time!. He could flat track it backwards too. I believe he used to hillclimb it backwards also but I never saw that show.

• Like 1