09 125 not revving out ??

cabby

Friend of mines Gas Gas 125 doesn't seem to rev out in the lower gears 1/2/3, but will happily rev higher in the higher gears. It can pottle through a section ok..ish in 1st but if it need to be revved high it drops off quickly.

We're a bit out of ideas what the issue is, cleaned the jets and changed the plug but outside that, we're lost...

Any ideas of said symptoms ???

Gie odd. wild guess at float hight a bit high, when you really give it gas in the high gears it;s getting enough time to burn the fuel whereas in the section it;s only a quick rev and doesn't get time to really burn the fuel.

As I say bit of a longshot.

See you on Sunday.

Nothing has changed inside the carb to our knowledge so I'm not sure how the float heights would change ?? 

Plug in to the HT doesn't seem to "click in" solidly ?? It is running very rich as even a new plug is sooting up just going up the street and back, so leaned it off a bit. I'll probably be riding it at the weekend as I'm now bikeless, so watch my scores come down.