custom graphics ?

ar22

need to freshen up our 06 125

there seems to be some horror stories of internet/ebay graphics kits so trying to avoid these. 

where is the best company that produce graphics to mx quality and thickness 

firstly ascertain that the print vinyl is one for "low energy" surfaces eg https://shop.spandex.com/medias/Data-Sheet-IP2532-Vinyl-SuperGrip.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfGRhdGFzaGVldHMtdWstaW1hZ2VwZXJmZWN0fDc3NDUwfGFwcGxpY2F0aW9uL3BkZnxkb2N1bWVudHMvZGF0YXNoZWV0cy91ay9pbWFnZXBlcmZlY3QvaDFhL2gyYi84ODA2NjEyNzYyNjU0LnBkZnw2NDZjNzE3YWQ0YWRkN2FlODA4NTViZmU4M2Y5NDdiZDJhMTYyMTQ0ODNkNWZjMjM4ODc2NDY1YzVjM2UxOTM5 or http://www.allprint.co.uk/enduro-MX-vinyl-for-pro-dirt-bike-graphics-TheThickStuff.htm lots of other vinyls suppliers make similar products.

the second and perhaps more critical step would be for the thickness of the laminate used. most normal graphics for everyday use are 100 microns while for "mx quality and thickness" there are specials that are around 300 microns.

there are about half a dozen guys in the UK doing mx graphics with the proper stuff as a business, its all buy-able for anyone with a printer to do but economies of scale for a one off make it prohibitively expensive. eg Danger UK, spiral gfx, etc (there are more out there)

thirdly (maybe firstly) the graphic designer need a template for that years plastics so what they draw up actually fits.

disclaimer - i work for a sign supplies company but we don't make and i don't supply any of the guys that do this sort of work (ie i might be slightly wrong and/or i've no financial gain from this)

If you go with OEM stuff make sure you get the new version stuff only available in the blue 2009 style, all the older stuff will not stick worth cr*p because the adhesive has  past its ''best before'' date . I am pretty sure splat has the new stuff...I have got several brand new old ones that would work as wallpaper if you staple them on:crying:

thanks for the replys

Splat seem to have little available for a 06 - 09 sherco 

We race in mx and get all of our graphics custom made in quality stickers that when they touch the plastic they are there forever, unfortunately our supplier doesn't do trials bikes 

its £150 for our yamaha, so I'm expecting near that for the Sherco

There seems to so much poor quality trials stickers out there 

3 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I had been about to ask so will hijack this thread if I may.  I am after "thick" adhesive vinyl/plastic in plain black to use as abrasion protection on side panels - shape immaterial - does anyone know where this can be obtained?  

any motocross graphics company would sell you a square of black or any colour number plate with no printed number, cut it to suit your needs

ordinary vinyl is too thin, 

this is seriously sticky stuff and takes abuse, just make sure the area is cleaned with a contact cleaner and if need be, heat the material with a hair drier for contoured areas, plus it makes the glue even stickier. 

The minute it touches your bike its on, no second chances 

we use http://www.moto-graphix.co.uk/   Tim posts all over the uk, ring him and explain the size you need 

4 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I had been about to ask so will hijack this thread if I may.  I am after "thick" adhesive vinyl/plastic in plain black to use as abrasion protection on side panels - shape immaterial - does anyone know where this can be obtained?  

just looked at his site and he has clear protection stuff listed, http://www.moto-graphix.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=33_76&product_id=128

maybe suit your needs although it can be any colour you ask for, its just printed plain with a top protective coat applied 

• 5 months later...

its been mx season so forgot about the trials bike for a while

our mx graphics supplier has located the template for the 06-09 Sherco and can now supply custom graphics in the thick mx quality 

these will not fall off 

just need to design something and get him to make them. 

I can supply details if anyone else needs kits, original Sherco kits are no longer available