Ossa TR280i Sensor Gasolina

drevil

HI,

Can anyone help. I have a 2013 Ossa TR280i and i have notice on the LHS of the bike there are 2 wires not connected and without a connector. Upon closer inspection they appear to be Green and Black and i think they should be connected to the Sensor Gasolina.

Can anyone shed some light on the function / location of this.

The bike runs fine !

sensor.JPG

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a level sensor in the tank on the rear brake side near the throttle 

body, but I think the wires just end up behind the light, you could buy a small

light to act as a low level sensor but I dont know how it worked 

Capture.PNG

Edited by jsp

Thanks elemetal i bought a small green led off of ebay and wired it in using the unused connector end at the head light. But the lights on all the time, if i disconnect the connector at the sensor lights out. Never thought the dummys would wire it backwards, have to drain the tank down to check. ?

Jsp here is my setup the wire is a female connector with a black wire and a black wire with green tracer. The connector i cut off one of the unused connectors on the factory harness. Solder and shrink tube to the led light. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 3/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, ossabc63 said:

Thanks elemetal i bought a small green led off of ebay and wired it in using the unused connector end at the head light. But the lights on all the time, if i disconnect the connector at the sensor lights out. Never thought the dummys would wire it backwards, have to drain the tank down to check. ?

If you reverse the wires does the light go out?

Also, are you in BC? looks like you have a Factory R, not many of those around in Canada

Canada280 iam in the okanagan bc i pm you in dec. the only wires that would be backwards would be my led which wouldnt make a difference. Bikes apart now lubing linkage and had a bad wheel bearing. Then will try sucking out some fuel to see if light goes out. ?

39 minutes ago, ossabc63 said:

Canada280 iam in the okanagan bc i pm you in dec. the only wires that would be backwards would be my led which wouldnt make a difference. Bikes apart now lubing linkage and had a bad wheel bearing. Then will try sucking out some fuel to see if light goes out. ?

sorry, yes, I remember you now, how is the bike running?

Canada280i only ridden it five times last year, ran ok like the bike still getting the starting down.  Wired in and got a energizer lithium 9volt like you have. Do you kick yours over just after top dead centre any tricks. 

No real tricks, from cold I give it a couple of kicks holding the battery button down, the fuel pump can be heard, and then on the third kick it always fires right up. I am experimenting at the moment with a slightly retarded timing set up at the hall sensor, seems to make the engine smoother and very difficult to stall . First real test next weekend so I'll let you know any improvements or not